First Official Ascent Of Everest
It has been 64 years today since Sir Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay created history as the first official ascent of Everest in 1953.
Image Credits: National Geographic
Both the men have dreamt about it for years and managed to climb the world's highest mountain in seven weeks.
It's official that New Zealander Edmund Hillary and Nepalese Tenzing Norgay created history at 11:30 a.m. on May 29, 1953. They were the first people to ever reach the summit of Mount Everest.
Off the record, according to Tenzing Norgay it was Sir Edmund Hillary who reached the summit first.
Here's the photograph of Tenzing Norgay and Edmund Hillary after their return from the successful climb.
Before this successful summit, in 1924 George Mallory and Andrew Irvine made a final summit attempt on June 8 but sadly, they never returned.
- Mt. Everest is 29,035 ft. high, which is 8848 mts.
- Ever wonder how old is Mt. Everest? Yes! It's over 60 millions years old.
- The summit is the border of Nepal to the south and China or Tibet on the north.
- Everest was formed by the movement of the Indian tectonic plane pushing up and against the Asian plate.
- Everest grows by about a quarter of an inch every year.
- It contains different types of shale, limestone and marble.
- The temperature can go as low as -80F.
- As per the statistics of June 2016, there have been 7,646 summits of Everest on all 18 different routes by 4,469 different people.
Please say No to smoking, Because it is the main reason for Cancer.
Because it is not only affecting you, it mainly affect your friends and family (Passive Smokers).
Today is World Cancer Day.
It is mainly to create awareness about the Cancer.
There are more than 100 types of cancer. but all are deadly disease. It gives you lot of pain.
So I ask all of you to spread the Continue reading
Hi A ll,
Today is "School Day of Non-violence and Peace".
On this day only we last our big strength.
Gandhi gave us a great weapon called Ahimsa which is mightier than Nuclear weapon.
The School Day of Non-violence and Peace, is an observance founded by the Spanish poet Llorenç Vidal Vidal in Majorca in 1964 as a starting point and support for a pacifying and non-violent education of a permanent character.
Yes today is Data Privacy Day. From the name it is very clear that it is an awareness day.
Now this blog is for you all.
First tell me one thing, is your personal data are secured?
I will say, No. That too with the modern gadget, Hackers can get your present location.
Ok How you can protect yourself from Data piracy.
I am Proud to be an Indian, because of this hero .
After long time I am again started my blogging on this hero's birthday.
Nowaday's in movies Hero's are called as "One Man Army". But in reality, this quote can be apt for Our hero Netaji.
Still lots of mysteries are there in his death, but I will say he is still living in all our heart.